If you have baseball on your mind than you are not alone.
It might still be winter where you live, but the calendar says it is nearly time for pitchers and catchers to report for spring training.
Fortunately, the month of March offers RV campers the chance to see several major league teams in action in Arizona.
Why not hit one out of the park in March by planning an RV trip to see Cactus League spring training games?
Eleven Arizona stadiums host 15 major league teams for Cactus League spring training baseball games.
Here are the Arizona cities that host Cactus League games each year:
- Camelback Ranch – Glendale, AZ – Chicago White Sox, LA Dodgers
- HoHoKam Stadium – Mesa, AZ – Chicago Cubs
- Goodyear Ballpark – Goodyear, AZ – Cincinnati Reds, Cleveland Indians
- Surprise Stadium – Surprise, AZ – Kansas City Royals, Texas Rangers
- Tempe Diablo Stadium – Tempe, AZ – Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
- Maryvale Baseball Park – Phoenix, AZ – Milwaukee Brewers
- Phoenix Municipal Stadium – Phoenix, AZ – Oakland Athletics
- Peoria Sports Complex – Peoria, AZ – San Diego Padres, Seattle Mariners
- Scottsdale Stadium – Scottsdale, AZ – San Francisco Giants
- Kino Sports Complex – Tucson, AZ – Arizona Diamondbacks
- Hi Corbett Field – Tucson, AZ – Colorado Rockies
- 50-amp hookups
- Side-by-side hookups
- Room for slideouts including Fifth Wheels, Motor Homes, Travel Trailers, and Toy Haulers.
- Concrete patios
- WiFi and internet
- Showers and restrooms
- Full hook-up sites
- 50-amp electric
- Water and sewer
- Large pull-thru sites for Fifth Wheels, Motor Homes, Travel Trailers, and Toy Haulers.
- Free WiFi and cable TV
- Modern restrooms and laundry
- Picnic tables and grills at each site
- Heated pool
- Full hook-ups
- Pull thru sites for all Fifth Wheels, Motor Homes, Travel Trailers, and Toy Haulers.
- 30-50 amp service
- Electric, water and sewer
- Free WiFi and cable TV
- Restroom and showers
For this blog, I would like to focus on three RV campgrounds near these major league spring training sites.
They are Arizona Cowboy Park in Mesa, Apache Palms RV Park in Tempe and DeAnza RV Resort in Tucson.
ARIZONA COWBOY PARK
This 75-site RV Park has full hook-ups for lightweight travel trailers, toy haulers and fifth wheels and is 14 miles from the Chicago Cubs spring training facility in Mesa.
Amenities at Arizona Cowboy Park are:
This RV Park is for those people 55 and older and the rates range from $30-$40 a night.
APACHE PALMS RV PARK
This 80-site park is great for lightweight travel trailers, toy hauler and fifth wheels looking for short or extended stays.
It is centrally located near the Chicago Cubs, San Francisco Giants, Oakland Athletics and the L.A. Angels of Anaheim spring training locations.
Rates are $37-$42 daily, $226-260 weekly and $395-510 monthly.
DEANZA RV RESORT
This RV resort is located in Amado just south of Tucson the spring training home of the Colorado Rockies and Arizona Diamondbacks.
This 123-site has room for lightweight travel trailers, toy hauler and fifth wheels.
Other things offered are:
Rates vary for both smaller and larger models. The rate for smaller units is $36 daily, $225 weekly and $575 monthly. Pull-thru units (30X70) are charged $44 daily, $245 weekly and $700 monthly.
For more information on tickets for spring training games visit the team page of your favorite team.