The calendar says we just reached the midway point of winter.
That means we have plenty of cold and snow left before warmer temperatures arrive.
Some of you might be taking advantage of this winter weather by taking your RV out for ski vacations or weekend getaways.
If that is the case, than you will probably want to arrive back to your RV after a day outside to a warm meal.
Here are three hearty crockpot recipes that are easy to prepare and make a perfect wintertime dinner.
Here is what you will need for this recipe:
- 1 pound browned hamburger (can use turkey)
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced Italian seasoned tomatoes
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 cans whole baby potatoes, drained (unless you can find a great big can of potatoes)
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can Ranch Style beans (with the baked beans in the grocery store)
- 1 cup water
- sliced jalapeno peppers for garnish (optional)
Directions: Brown the hamburger with the chopped garlic cloves on the stove top. Drain the fat. Let sit in the pan for a bit to cool. Open all of you cans, and dump them into the crockpot. Drain the corn and the potatoes, but add the rest of the can liquid to the crockpot. After adding all of the can contents, add the browned meat and a cup of water. Stir with a spoon to mix a bit. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-5. Soup and stew tastes better the longer you cook it, so opt for the longer cooking time if you can.
Buffalo Wing Soup
Ingredients for this recipe are:
- 2 cups cooked and cubed chicken
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour (I used rice flour)
- 2 cups fat free milk (no higher content than 2%, or it will curdle)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 oz Velveeta
- 1/2 cup hot wing sauce
- 1/2 tsp celery salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
Directions: Make a roux with the flour and butter. On the stove top or microwave. In a bowl, melt the butter on high for 45 seconds, then whisk in the flour. Set aside. Chop up the onion and celery, and dump it into your crockpot. Add the cooked and cubed chicken. Pour in the chicken broth and milk. Add Velveeta. Add the salt. Stir in the flour and butter mixture. Add hot sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4. The soup is done when the celery and onion reach desired tenderness and the flavors have melded. A great idea when camping in with a Travel Trailer, Fifth Wheel, Toy hauler, or Motorhome.
Meatball Sub Sandwich
This is what you will need for this recipe:
- 24 frozen pre-cooked meatballs
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 sub sandwich rolls, toasted or plain
Directions: Combine meatballs and spaghetti sauce in crock pot. Cook on low for 3-5 hours or until heated through. Serve on submarine sandwich buns. Top with cheese.