Fill your RV with good tidings and cheer this holiday season with this fun DIY cardboard fireplace for Santa. This surprisingly easy project instantly transforms your RV into a merry home for the holidays.
Materials for fireplace:
- Cardboard boxes (four 18x18x16 and two 28x20x5 are good choices; can be found at Home Depot or Lowe’s)
- Packing tape
- Brown butcher paper
- Acrylic paint (Brick red)
- Paint tray
- A few pieces of black construction paper
Materials for flame:
- 2-4 toilet paper or paper towel rolls
- Red, orange, and/or yellow construction paper
To assemble the fireplace:
- Tape up the 4 boxes leaving 1 flap open/sticking out.
- Arrange them next to each other like in the picture. Tape all the flaps together on the back.
- Lay the boxes on the floor so that the taped flaps are flat on the floor.
- Spread the butcher paper across the boxes to see how much you’ll need to completely cover them.
- Cut off the amount of paper you’ll need in one long piece.
- Using the sponge and red paint, create a brick pattern across the entire sheet of paper. Set it aside to dry.
- While your paper dries, tape the other 2 boxes together at each end to make a long, thin mantle.
- Cover the mantle with the brown butcher paper.
- Once the brick pattern is dry, tape the paper to the boxes so that it covers the boxes completely.
- Set the mantle on top of the fireplace. You can tape it on if needed.
To create the fire:
- Tape 2 toilet paper or paper towel rolls together to make the logs.
- Cut flame shapes from the yellow, orange, and red construction paper.
- At the bottom of each flame, bend the paper to make a stand.
- Tape the flames to the “logs” so that the “stand” rests on the floor and will help the flames stand up.
Place your new DIY fireplace as a decoration within your RV and carry the joy of the holiday season with you everywhere you travel! How do you make your RV more festive for the holidays? Let us know in the comments!