If you are tired of the snow and cold and are longing for warmer climates, than maybe a trip to California with your RV is the perfect remedy.
Following the main two interstate routes from Utah to California, which are I-80 and I-15, I picked out four destinations from central to southern California.
By focusing on the cities of Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego here are four RV Parks you might want to consider for that California wintertime RV getaway.
CAPITOL WEST RV PARK
This RV Park is located only two miles from downtown Sacramento and offers easy access to historic buildings and riverfront dining, museums, music and theaters.
Site amenities at Capitol West include:
- Big, level sites that fit any size Travel Trailer, Fifth Wheel, Toy Hauler, and Motorhome
- Room for multiple slide-outs
- Clean, well-maintained gravel sites
- Huge concrete patios
- Full water, sewer and electric hook-ups
- Brand new 20/30/50 amp pedestals
- Free Wi-Fi in most of the park
- Large, clean, modern laundry on-site
Rates for Capitol West are $40 a night, $210 weekly and $495 monthly + metered electric
SAN FRANCISCO RV RESORT
This RV Resort sits on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, offers 162 sites and is just 15 miles from the Golden Gate Bridge, Half Moon Bay, Fisherman’s Wharf, Alcatraz and many of the Bay Area’s other favorite attractions.
San Francisco RV Resort has the following amenities:
- Paved level sites that can accommodate up to five slides on Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheels, Toy Haulers, and Motorhomes
- Most sites have water, sewer 30 and 50 amp electric and cable TV
- Free WiFi
- Laundry room
- Clean restrooms and showers
- General store with snacks and RV supplies
Daily rates range from $56-$78 a night, $321-$441 a week and $895-$995 a month.
DOCKWEILER RV PARK
This is L.A. County’s only recreational vehicle campground located on the Pacific Ocean. It has 118 sites and scenic views of Malibu to Catalina Island. It also sits on the 22-mile Marvin Braude Bicycle Trail that connects with attractions like Redondo Beach Pier, Venice and Santa Monica beaches and Marina del Rey.
Amenities at Dockweiler RV Park include:
- Complete hook-ups
- Pump-out station
- Hot showers
- Own picnic table and barbecue
Recreational vehicles including Travel Trailer, Fifth Wheel, Toy Hauler, and Motorhome can’t exceed 37-feet in length and reservations must be made two days in advance. Rates range from $65 a day right on the beach to $55 a day.
SANTA FE RV PARK AND RESORT
This RV Park is located just off I-5 in Rose Canyon. This Park is in close proximity to miles of bike paths, hiking trails, nearby beaches and San Diego’s famous attractions like Sea World.
- Full hook-up spaces with concrete parking pads for Travel Trailer, Fifth Wheel, Toy Hauler, and Motorhome
- Pull-through upgrades when available
- 30 amp and 20 amp electrical service, 50 amp in select sites
- Free WiFi throughout the park
- Satellite TV
- Picnic table and BBQ at each site
- Restroom and showers
Off season rates, which run from September thru May, range from $57 to $68 daily and $680 monthly.